Join IntraOp Medical and participate in the drive toward Accelerating the Cure for Cancer.
IntraOp is a fast-paced medical device company based in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley. We employ the world’s leading physicists, engineers and medical professionals to deliver electron-based cancer treatment devices to the world’s top surgeons, radiation oncologists and their patients. IntraOp revolutionized electron IORT and transformed cancer treatment as we know it. By being the first to deliver a safe, reliable and portable LINAC into an unshielded operating room, we lead a movement that continues to advance ideas that save lives.
Scope & Purpose of Job
Controls system design engineering for new and existing products
Descriptions of Duties & Responsibilities
You will be a key member of the engineering team that is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the control system for the next generation of linear accelerator systems used in cancer treatment. Job responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain control system, including PLC software for complex linear accelerator systems including the graphical user interface and Field Service tools.
- Work with the hardware team to define and develop hardware changes for new features and product improvements.
- Analyze the existing system performance to identify potential improvements that can be implemented by you and the rest of the engineering team.
- Develop and perform system verification and validation testing for control system components
Help resolve computer hardware and software obsolescence issues and support software upgrades for the field
Education & Experience
- Strong fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design
- B.S. degree in electrical engineering/computer science, MS degree is desirable.
- Excellent programming skills in various languages (C/C++, Python, Matlab, etc.)
- Software coding experience with microprocessor or PLC based systems.
- 3+ years of hands on experience and a strong willingness and ability to learn fast.
- Excellent writing skills and good documentation habits.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with PLC/SCADA, motion control, and vision systems
- Experience integrating control system hardware and software.
- Analog and digital circuit design experience.
- Strong handson attitude and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Ability to work independently, very self-directed.
- Knowledge of OrCAD, InduSoft, and TwinCat is preferred.
- Experience developing software in a regulated environment (FDA/CE) is preferred
*IntraOp Medical Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.